Good morning stampers! I hope you are having an amazing day.
Housekeeping announcement: Before I talk about my project, I need to do a little housekeeping. You might have received a fair amount of posts from me on Monday if you were signed up to my old blog: riverfrontstampin.com. I’m sorry for that. I have been making lots of changes these days. If you want to keep receiving updates from me, I would suggest that you sign up to my new blog: www.kimmcgillis.com. It’s a lot prettier and will provide the most updated information. It is going to be an exciting year. You don’t want to miss out on cute projects! (smile)
Now, for the fun stuff! If you are one of my instagram followers, you might have seen my post a couple of weeks back. I wanted to share with you how amazing 3×3 cards can be. They are fun for new stampers and even for the pro crafters. Stampin up has also added to their envelop collection, new 3×3 whisper white envelops. They come 40 in a package. You might want to check those out.
Here are the steps to make this cute card:
- Cut a 3 x 6 inch piece of crumb cake card stock and score it at 3 inches.
- Fold the 3 x 6 piece. (that will create the base of your card)
- Emboss with the polka dot basics embossing folder (one side of the card)
- Cut a piece of scallop circle with the layering circles framelits ( I used pink pirouette)
- Cut a circle that will fit inside the scallop circle from the stitches shapes framelits. (I used shimmery white card stock)
- With memento ink, stamp the ballerina from the sugarplum dreams stamp set. Color with the stampin’blends. (I used Pink pirouette in light and dark colors. I used the ivory to color her skin and crumb cake light and dark for her hair and highlighted with the bronze stampin’blend.)
- Stamp a greeting on pink pirouette card stock.
- Add embellishments. I used the rhinestones to glam it up.
- Lastly, I highlighted with my favorite (wink of stella) You might not see it in the image but the people who received my swaps would have seen all that glitter that the wink of stella provides.
The sugarplum dreams stamp set is part of the holiday catalogue. It might not make it to the next catalogue. Even if this stamp set was created for holiday projects, it is a versatile stamp set. My cute 3×3 cards were not intended for a Christmas project. By alternating the colors, I created a project that is perfect for a child and not related to the holiday spirit. Have fun using the sugarplum dreams stamp set. Think outside the box and send me your creations. Happy stamping!
Below you will find the list of products to complete this project! I would love to see your creations. Click on the link to view the year-end sales event. Save big on select surplus and retiring items! You might want to start your shopping now before all the best goodies are sold out! Click my shop online button and don’t forget to use the hostess code 3GZFWVH4 to get your kimmie points and snail mail. If you order with me in December, you get this beautiful card in the mail as well. I love happy mail.
Hugs, Kim xo