Hello Crafters, Bonjour!
Welcome to our February blog hop with the Color Fusers Design Team. Hop along our group of talented demonstrators from around the world. We’ve created designs from our February color challenge using Stampin’up! Colors.
You may have just arrived here from my lovely friend Melanie Hockin from the United States isn’t her work simply stunning! At the bottom of the page there is Color Fuser Badge to guide you to the next blog. You don’t want to miss our February color challenge which focuses on blue and purple tones. The Color Combination of Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky and Gorgeous Grape feels so fresh.
For today’s hop, I went with a simple Basic White Card featuring Stampin’up!’s Paper Butterfly Accents on page 23 of the Mini Catalogue. As soon as I saw the color challenge for this month, I knew I had to make a card with watercoloured butterflies.
Instructions to make the butterfly card:
- Score a 4 1/4″ x 11″ piece of Basic White Cardstock at 5 1/2″
- Layer a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White Cardstock
- Watercolor the Paper Butterflies with coordinating inks using Water Painters
- Dies cut a circle ring using the Deckled Circle Dies
- Emboss the center with the Softly Sophisticated Embossing Folder
- Die cut in Basic White Cardstock the letters “BEST” using the Mini Alphabet Dies
- Stamp in Gorgeous Grape the greeting from the Stippled Roses Stamp Set onto Basic White Cardstock and add to the card
- Embellish with White Ribbon and Iridescent Pearl Basics
***The Softly Sophisticated Embossing Folder is part of the Sale A Bration Catalog. It’s on page 14 and includes a coordinating stamp set that is FREE with a $120 qualifying order. It is also available in French and called Douce Elegance.
Tip: The close up image of the card highlights little specs using the coordinating Stampin’Blends. I simply tapped on the blend using a Bone Folder to add these little ink elements.
Embellishing with Iridescent Pearl Basics and White Ribbon creates the perfect monochromatic look to the card and highlights the watercolored butterflies.
Next on the hop is my talented friend Melissa Kerman. She is so creative! Click on the Blog Badge below to get to her blog.
Hop you are enjoying our Hop!
Shop in my store below to add the products I used to make this card.