Hello Crafters, Bonjour!
I am so honoured to be part of my first blog hop with the Color Fusers Design Team! You might be wondering, who are the Color Fusers Design Team ? They are a group of talented demonstrators from around the world that create designs from a color challenge using Stampin’up! Colors. Each Designer has a unique style to meet all your crafting needs. You will see our ideas using Stampin’Up! products on Facebook, Instagram and our personal blogs. Don’t forget to follow us for monthly creative ideas!
You may have just arrived here from my lovely friend Stacey Marsh from the UK, isn’t her work simply stunning! At the bottom of the page there is Color Fuser Badge to guide you to the next blog. You don’t want to miss our December color challenge which focuses on the most beautiful color combination.
For today’s hop, I went with a simple snowflake card featuring Stampin’up!’s Sparkling Snowflakes Bundle on page 39 of the Mini Holiday Catalogue. As soon as I saw the color challenge for this month, I knew I had to make a card with snowflakes. My favorite quote is a snowflake quote that I saw at Starbucks: “We’re Like a Snowflake, all different in our own beautiful ways.” This quote pairs beautifully with this month’s creations from every designer… One color challenge but so many ideas.
Do you need to create multiple cards before Christmas for your friends and family? This card is easy to duplicate. I also think the bundle is the perfect collection to work with to create winter Birthday Cards.
Instructions to make the snowflake card:
- Score a 4 1/4″ x 11″ piece of Basic White Cardstock at 5 1/2″
- Layer a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Orchid Oasis Cardstock
- Stamp 3 different size snowflakes with inks from our color challenge onto a piece of 3 7/8″ x 5 3/8″ Basic White Cardstock and adhere to the Orchid Oasis Cardstock.
- Add Specs of Ink from the Orchid Oasis Blends
- Add a 3/4″ x 4″ piece of Cardstock Vellum at the centre of the card and layer a 1/2″ x 4″ piece of Fresh Freesia Cardstock on top
- Embellish with Loose Silver Sequins, Iridescent Ribbon and Elegant Silver Trim
- Stamp a greeting from the Sparkling Snowflakes Stamp Set in Fresh Freesia Ink and fussy cut to then add to the card
Close up image of the card highlights a couple of important steps: Stamp snowflake images in the 3 different colors from our color challenge and make sure some of the snowflakes touch each other. Add some specs of ink using the Orchid Oasis Blends. And don’t forget to embellish with The Loose Silver Sequins, White 1/2″ Iridescent Ribbon and Simply Elegant Trim!
Don’t forget to stamp the inside of the card as well as your envelop! We all love receiving fully embellished cards and envelops.
Next on the hop is my talented friend Melissa Kerman from the United States. Melissa always creates beautiful projects. She is so amazing! Click on the Blog Badge below to get to her blog.
Hop you enjoyed our Hop!
Products used are listed in my store below. I added the French stamp set as an option.