Welcome to the first Artisan Design Team Blog Hop for 2018 and to my very first post as an Artisan Design Team Member. I’m still pinching myself on this amazing opportunity!
You might be wondering, what is Stampin’Up!’s Design Team? It’s a group of 16 talented demonstrators from around the world selected by Stampin’Up!. Each Artisan Design Team Member has a unique style to meet all your crafting needs. I’m one of the two Canadian Gals on the team. During these next 12 months, you will see our ideas using Stampin’Up! products on Facebook, Instagram and our personal blogs. Don’t forget to follow us for a year of creative ideas!
You may have just arrived here from my lovely friend Kayla MacAulay from Australia, isn’t her work simply stunning! At the bottom of the page there is an Artisan Badge to guide you to the next blog. You don’t want to miss our January focus products using the Sale-A-Bration stamp sets.
I choose the Amazing You Stamp Set from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue because it coordinates with the Celebrate You Thinlits dies. As soon as I put this stamp set in my hands, I fell in love and created a couple coordinating cards for you today.
- I used different shades of blue (night of navy, soft sky) for my card. Blue is my favourite colour!
- Stamping the flower image from the Amazing You Stamp Set in night of navy ink on shimmery card stock created a faux designer series paper look.
- I also “fussy cut” with my paper snips an extra flower and used wink of stella in the middle of the flower to add extra glitter.
- I added pearls, paper doilie and a couple of silver embellishments from the sweet soiree embellishment kit.
- I also used the 5/8″ night of navy crinkled Seam binding ribbon. The crinkled seam binding ribbon is amazing to work with. You will make the most perfect bows with this ribbon.
- I used the “Celebrate” thinlit with the silver foil paper from the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies for my greeting and added the “YOU”greeting from the coordinating Amazing You Stamp Set.
- Add a couple of embellishments and you have a card completed in a brief amount of time.
The Amazing You card can be recreated with any of the Stampin’Up! colors. Create this look using your favorite color! I would love to see what you come up with.
I created additional samples with the Amazing You stamp set and I have to say, I’m in love. It was very difficult for me to choose one card for today’s hop. I picked the card with the darker shade of blue today because I wanted to highlight a couple of amazing products.
You might want to check my blog if you want the details of the two extra cards. There’s details on the Watercoloring Card and the Tone on Tone Card will follow after this post.
Next on the hop is my talented friend Lauren Alarid from the United States. Lauren always creates colourful projects. She is so amazing! Click on the Blog Badge below to get to her blog.
Since it’s the first hop, I’ve added all the names of the designers for this year’s Artisan Team. Here is the order of the blog hop:
If you live in Canada, I would love to be your demonstrator! Click on the supply list below to order any of the items. And if you are from another country, you can still take a glimpse of the products listed and shop with a demonstrator near you. Happy Stamping!
Hugs, Kim xo