Did you check out my post on Stampin’up!’s Facebook Page? I love creating cards with the Sweet Soirée Suite. I especially loved incorporating 3 different techniques in the 3 different cards. I’ll share about these techniques below. Birthdays have a great importance to me. There is nothing more heartwarming then receiving a hand stamped card in the mail on that special day. I vow to send more birthday cards this year. If you would like one, please write me a comment on my post.
Card #1: Congrats Card
- stamping the cake from the Cake Soirée Stamp Set (item 145745) on Powder Pink Cardstock (item 144244) in Versamark ink (item 102283).
- Use Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder (item 109130) and heat set the ink using the Heat Tool (item 129053).
- Cut the stamped image using the Sweet Cake Framelits Dies (item 145617) and the Big Shot (item 143263).
- Stamp the flowers from the Cake Soirée Stamp Set using Flirty Flamingo ink (item 141397) on Shimmery White Cardstock (item 101910).
- Add embellishments to your card using the Sweet Soirée Specialty Designer Series Paper (item 145564), Delicate White Doilies (item 141701), Iridescent Sequin Assortment (item 144212), and Calypso Coral 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon (item 144235).
- Cut the “Congrats” greeting from Whisper White Cardstock (item 100730) using the Big Shot and the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies (item 141489).
Card #2: The shaker card
- Cut the cake shape using the Sweet Cake Framelits Dies and the Big Shot on the Shimmery White card front.
- Adhere a Window Sheet (item 142314) to the open space that was cut using the Sweet Cake Framelits Die.
- Use the Foam Adhesive Strips (item 141825) to create a square around your cutout cake (see the image on Stampin’up’s Facebook page).
- Use the Sweet Soirée Embellishment Kit (item 145578) for your cake and your cake topper. Add the Iridescent Sequin Assortment to your shaker card.
- Watercolor your card front using an Aqua Painter (item 103954) and Flirty Flamingo ink.
- Embellish the top of the card with the Iridescent Sequin Assortment and Linen Thread (item 104199).
- Stamp the “Happy Birthday” greeting from the Cake Soirée Stamp Set on your card front using Flirty Flamingo ink.
Card #3: Ombre Icing Cake Card
- Cut a cake shape from cardstock using the Sweet Cake Framelits Dies.
- Add Embossing Paste (item 141979) to the cake using a Palette Knife (item 142808). Spread the paste like icing. Tip: if you want to create ombre icing, add ink to your Embossing Paste. I used Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (item 141402) and Calypso Coral Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (item 122934).
- Cut the cake pedestal in Shimmery White Cardstock using the Sweet Cake Framelits Dies and a Big Shot.
- Embellish your card using Sweet Soirée Specialty Designer Series Paper, Delicate White Doilies, and the Iridescent Sequin Assortment.
- Stamp the greeting “May your day be as wonderful as you” with Flirty Flamingo ink on Shimmery White Cardstock.
I hope you loved the different ideas shared today using The Sweet Soirée Suite. Take my challenge this month and create birthday cards for the special people in your life.
Check out the codes below to order your products to make these cards and shop my online store to join the fun. Or, order my Sweet Soiree Card Class to go! Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Products that are featured in the Sale-A-Bration brochure before March 31st! Click my shop online button and don’t forget to use the hostess code HY2BD43D to get your kimmie points and snail mail. If you order with me in February, you will receive one of my February cards and a surprise product!
For my French Customers: “Pour mes clients qui veulent des jeux en français, voici le code pour le jeu Gateau elegant #146256″
BONUS for my Canadian Customers: Leave a comment for me on my post on Stampin’up!’s Facebook Post or on my post and get the opportunity to win a Sweet Soiree Embellishment Kit 🙂
Have an amazing day!
Hugs, Kim xo