Do you follow Stampin’up! on instagram? Every Tuesday Stampin’up! shares a tip. Yesterday, one of my tips was shared.
Tip sharing: Sponge Brayer for Backgrounds
- Use the Sponge Brayer for ink techniques. The Silver Mini Gable Box was flipped upside down to obtain the neutral side.
- Add ink of your choice to your sponge brayer.
- Roll the inked brayer to your Gable Box.
- Make sure to apply as many layers of ink until you achieve the colour tone that you desire.
Use this colouring tool to achieve easy colourful backgrounds.
I used the Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper that is part of Sale-a-Bration’s 2nd release. You can earn it for FREE with a qualifying order until March 31st. The one that I used from the collection is the Rose Gold DSP and it coordinates beautifully with the Powder Pink ink, cardstock and embellishments.
Stamping on Fabric:
Lots of people have questioned me on how I stamped the image on the onesie. I used Stampin’up!’s Basic Black Archival Ink since it’s waterproof. The important part here is to use a fabric Sealer so you can preserve your stamped image. I used a Fabric Painting Medium and mixed it to acrylic paint to color my bunny. The medium dries quickly and is quite permanent. For best result, heat set your image once it’s dried up. Heat setting is necessary to ensure that the design will withstand numerous washing and drying sessions.
How to Heat Set:
- Allow your acrylic paint design to dry completely.
- Place a lightweight pressing cloth over the top of the acrylic paint design.
- Adjust your iron to the highest heat setting that is appropriate for your fabric.
- Run the hot iron over there painted area for about 30 seconds.
- Keep the iron moving over the pressing cloth to avoid burning the fabric.
- Allow the piece of clothing to cool completely before washing.
I love everything about the Good Day stamp set from the Occasion’s catalogue. Stampin’up! added to their collection the Mini Embroidery Hoops and these are perfect to frame your art. They come in two sizes 1 ½ and 1 ¾ . Most importantly, the catalogue contains coordinating Scallop Circle Punches in two different sizes, 1 1/8 and 1 3/8. These are perfect to punch out your stamped images from A Good Day Stamp Set.
Take advantage of Sale-a-bration and add these items to your shopping list on my online store. This project can be adapted to many themes not only for babies. Adding that onesie in the coordinating Gable Box is perfect for a baby shower gift. Add the coordinating love note is perfect to send your best wishes to the mom to be.
Order from me on my online store or by email before the end of March and get an entry ticket to have the opportunity to win this beautiful baby collection.
Click my shop online button and don’t forget to use the hostess code H3J6PBQK to get your kimmie points and snail mail. If you order with me in March, you will receive one of my March cards and a surprise product!
Hugs, Kim xo